Did you know the word List is derived from the Old English 'hylsten' meaning hear, or hearken? Isn't hearken a great word? Anyway, no need to listen or hearken to me blather on about my to do lists, but I do love 'em.
The last one . . .
To Do List
In Progess: Keep pluging away at . . .
1) April A-Z Challenge at Redwald Blog
2) Editing Ice Wastes Monster story.
3) Writing WIP 2 - Lembek of the Towers
4) Writing WIP 4 - Dungeon Bastards
Needs doing . . .
1) Groundwork for WIP 1 - Peredur strory
2) Rethink last Ellen Chapter for WIP 3 - Beware the Sorcery of the Bookseller
3) Organise list of jobs needed to finish Redwald 1st draft.
4) Look over outline for Arman story
5) Convert Magus from Scriptgold to First Draft format.
6) Work up some random tables for Lester Dent Pulp project.
7) Think about Cutter's Lurk story. Where is it going?
8) Format Art & Soul and Cap'n Jethro for XinXii.Com
9) Expand Smashwords info for Art & Soul and Cap'n Jethro
10) Reread and write review for How to Write a Damn Good Novel
. . . how did I do?
Well did well on all four of the 'In Progess: Keep pluging away at' list. Did the A-Z Blog challenge. The Ice Wastes story was edited, and is now out as Born of Evil.
Still working on 'Lembek of the Towers', and 'Dungeon Bastard's, but lost a chunk of 'Lemebek of the Towers' in a tech fiasco. Pretty upbeat about that though, as I was toying with deleting the chapters that got lost.
On the 'needs doing' list let's see . . .
. . . by the way I also like the meaning of the word 'listing' that has sea going origins. As in: "Cap'n, she be listing to starboard!" . . .
. . . lets see . . .,
#1 Still doing that. Working up notes, scenes,characters, relationships, plot do-dads. In other words outlining.
#2 Done that. I know where I'm going with that story now.
#3 Done that. Written the list of jobs needed to finish 1st draft of Redwald RPG. Just haven't done any of the jobs.
#4 Yup, done that. Now I just need to turn a 30k outline into a 50k novella.
#5 No. Still need to do that.
#7 Yup, did that. Now I have to do it again.
#8 Still need to do this.
#9 Kinda, half done it. Not really I guess.
Right, new list . . .
9/10/2011 To Do List
1) Write 5 days a week min.
2) Up word count from 500 words a session to 700.
3) Finish Dungeon Bastards 1st draft.
4) 1 Bestiary Entry a day for Redwald RPG until Bestiary is done.
5) Finish outline for Peredur.
6) Update Keywords and Blurb for KDP and Smashwords, and think of an Author's Bio that won't make me want to vomit everytime I see it.
7) Press on with 'Cutter's Lurk' 1st draft
8) Edit the 'Trouble with Magic' 2nd draft.
9) Convert Magus from Scriptgold to First Draft format.
10) Reread and write review for How to Write a Damn Good Novel, and possibly a Review for Kindle 3.
11) Start an experimental rewrite on unfinished draft of 'Beware the Sorcery'
12) Read and dissect for structure some of the work of my fave Fantasy and Historical Authors.